Monday, February 22, 2010

Dinner at the Wilberts

Last night, we went to Jeff and Karen Wilbert's house for a turkey dinner, complete with all the fixings and dessert!  We ventured out in the snow storm and headed towards the north shore.  We had not been to visit in the snow before, so we passed the house, realized our mistake and turned around.  Christine and Alicia were there, too.  It was so nice to have both of our families there, complete with all the kids.  I had been meaning to call and invite them over for quite some time, now.  Time just flies by and it is important to find the time to connect with friends.

Tonight I was supposed to have tutored ESL, but my student cancelled, so I am home for the evening.  Kathryn and I will go to the UPEI pool tomorrow and veg in the hot tub.  I will also try to get some laps in, too.  I have a drawing class tomorrow afternoon at 1pm, and I will try to make it.  I think Kathryn can keep herself occupied reading about the Irish Reformation, her thesis topic.  I don't think she has been getting as much study time in as she planned, so maybe three hours alone will be good for her.  I wish she and Aaron did not have to leave next week.  I really looked forward to them coming to see us,  and I know it will be a lot quieter around here when they leave.

My art quilting class is officially over, and I think it was a hit.  All the ladies wanted to know when we will be starting up again.  I just saw a grant opportunity for community based art on the south shore from the PEI Cultural Council, so I plan to apply for it and continue the classes.  I am thinking of a two-part workshop on surface design.  Having been on the Lowell Cultural Council for all those years has really taught me how to write a grant!  Thanks, Max!

No comments:

Post a Comment