Friday, November 27, 2009

Dinner Theater at the Tryon United Church


Tonight Aaron, Abby and I went to Tryon for a dinner theater at the United Church called "Ole King Cole's 65th Birthday Banquet." We were invited by Abby's friend Julia from school because she was in the play. Her mother is pastor of the church, and her dad was Ole King Cole. The show was in the church hall and was an original play written and directed by Julia's mom. It was a very cute story about Ole King Cole being sad on his big birthday because his children wouldn't be there to celebrate. He did not realize that they were planning a big party as a surprise. We were the peasants who were invited to the castle to sing to the king for his birthday. Each table was given a song to sing to the king, which we all did between dinner courses. We had chips and salsa, first course and first act. Then we had soup and rolls second act. Third act was roast chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots, coleslaw and mustard pickle relish. The fourth and final act was chocolate cake or blueberry cheesecake and coffee or tea. A pleasant time was had by all. Apparently, Pastor Wilkie does this for a church fundraiser every year. She writes a new play every year and produces it with help from her congregation. When I met Julia and her dad, I could tell they are a very imaginative family. I just love people like that!

PEI really is a fun place to live. It is really something special. I went to take the horse out of the barn this morning, but it was raining, so I left the horse inside. Walking across the field in my muddy muck boots, I could only smell wet hay, balsam and dirt, and I thought about how lucky I am to finally be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment